Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I HeART.



I'm telling you it is cold out there! Yes, I know. I live in Florida and it is not nearly as cold as all of the places north of me - but still its REALLY cold! And one of the downfalls of living in a vintage beach house is that not having central heating and air can sometimes blow - especially on really cold days such as these. We get it fairly warm in the house but... its still not the same. But most houses in our neighborhood are the same as ours. So I guess we all can't complain. Its just hard to get the cold out of your bones once its settled there.

I'm sure I look more than ridiculous at work today. But I couldn't help it, I needed to dress as warmly as possible. The amount of clothing being worn is nearly obscene. I'm wearing full body thermals, knitted tights on top of the thermal bottoms with knee high socks tucked underneath, and a light long sleeve shirt on top of the thermal top. On top of all of this - my creme coloured couture silk "circus" dress, topped with a knitted cardigan hoodie, topped with a big brown knitted scarf, my fur lined wind breaker jacket and fleece gloves - stupidly forgot my hat! - along with my knee high leather motorcycle boots. And I'm still cold, along with feeling very fluffy obese from all the layers of clothes. I'm SO READY FOR SUMMER!!! ack!!

So what does all this have to do with hearts? Absolutely nothing. I just wanted to get the point across that its really cold and that I'm really cold! haha! The heart part of the blog is the fact that I finished my mixed media heart atcs for the swap and have mailed them off. Here are two of the four I created. I don't feel they turned out as well as I was hoping - I just need to slow down more. I was overly excited about working on them and I think I whipped them out in such a pace I'm not proud of. I like to have taken a bit longer however these were all well thought out. So I can't complain there.



Next are the Edgar Allen Poe cards and I'm avoiding starting those like the plague. Not that I don't want to work on them - just because I'm trying to think exactly how I want it and how I want to execute them. I have this vision for the cards but am worried its bigger than I can do. We will see - I plan on working on the backgrounds tonight. Fingers crossed!

WEll I'm off to go canoodle the space heater. I hope you all are having a wonderful and hopefully warmer day - if not moment... ;o)

1 comment:

Becca said...

I LOVE the one on top! It is so freakin' cute, and very creative! I'd buy it for sure.