Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Item in the Shop.

I've just listed a new item in the shop. It is a perfect example of the artist collaboration between my shop At Sea Level and Katelyn's shop KM Knits. Katelyn made several knitted circles for a brooch idea I've been wanting to try with my clay Sea Impressions. And here are the results:

Sea Impression Brooch - Kitten's Paw
















The description: A colourful natural fossil-esc brooch made a from crochet knitted circle and impressed clay button of a Kitten's Paw shell. This brooch looks great to dress up a plain blouse or can also be pinned on a lovely handbag for added flair.

My clay pieces are made by pressing sea findings into wet clay. I then fire the clay until it has set, these impressions are highlighted in paint to accent the depth. My impressions come from the sea findings I discover on my daily walks along the beachfront I reside.

The Knit Circle has been created by the wonderful Katelyn of KM Knits. Check out her shop for other wonderful knitted wears at www.kmknits.etsy.com

The brooch comes beautifully wrapped, and safely packaged for the trip home to you. Also included is note card containing information about the impression.


Onto other things that does not involve the shop. I've finally finished the album for my photos from the trip. Yes, I will be posting a few of the photos and the story along with them. However, if you want to view ALL of the pics, follow the link here... email me at atsealevel.etsy@gmail.com for the password. The Photos : http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v642/sewsudchic/Smoky%20Mountain%20Road%20Trip/

No comments: