Friday, July 3, 2009

The Third.

Vacation Day 6 - status - Life is good in the slow lane.
Okay, its July 3rd... so I couldn't resist featuring 3 artists shops!

First, is a ring I'm lusting over - The Forest Ring - by DillionDesigns - I guess it grabbed my attention since being in the mountainous forests.. this immediately reminds me of the old growth forests we so love to hike thru...


Second, is photographic prints from a photographic series in the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center in Mystic, CT, photographed by - dsbrennan - as seen above Specimen 652 and this one - Wise Owl - these are just an absolutely gorgeous series of woodland creatures!

Third, another Appalachia shop haling from Greensboro, NC - PRETTY BIRDIE by Stephanie Teague - in her shop she features clothing made from vintage feed and flour sacks and pillow covers but in very couture fashion designs - and I'm in total high heaven over her collection!

Mostly with the feed and flour sack dresses! Gorgeousness! This is another type of nostalgic dress that reminds me of being a little girl and my grams fabric stashes. This is one of my favourites - Pretty Birdie's Antique Flower Dress - This is a clothing staple must in my book!

Look at all the detail work around the collar! This dress is made from an antique quilt top and an antique cotton feed sack. It is completely lined in Hemp Silk. It has pockets. The back opens and closes with snap tape. The belt is made from recycled leather. The neck is hand sewn!
You can't tell me alot of sweat, tears and LOVE didn't go into making this dress! As well as all the other gorgeous pieces in her shop! And not only would this look lovely with a leather pair of gladiator sandals, moccasins, or most especially red cowboy boots *wink*

I dare you all not to fall completely in love with all the shops I've featured today. As a matter of fact - I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!

No comments: